As an Integrated Research Infrastructure Initiative (I3), SeaDataNet carries out different types of interrelated activities to reach its objectives:
1) The Coordination activities(COORD) include management and coordination of the project, education and capacity building, the management of SeaDataNet catalogues (CSR, EDIOS EDMED, EDMERP, EDMO and CDI), training and capacity building and communication.
2) The Support activities (SUPP) provide continuous access to the national marine data and information services, which are the 45 National Oceanographic Data Centres (NODC or Designated National Agencies for International Exchange) from 35 countries.
3) The Research and Technical Developments activities (RTD) develop the SeaDataNet Virtual Data Centre to get the on line integrated access to qualified, compatible and coherent meta-data, data sets and products:
- the technical development activities will make the distributed system operationally robust and state-of-the-art Pan-European infrastructure
- the scientific data products development will contribute to the data quality control protocol, insure the overall functioning of the system and serve a larger community of users.