The coordination is entrusted to IFREMER, who designates the Project Coordinator. The Project Coordinator (PC - IFREMER) is assisted by:
- a Technical Coordinator (TC - MARIS),
- who assists the project coordinator, acting as a Deputy Coordinator, and has the responsibility of coordinating the overall technical development.
- a Networking Coordinator (NC - HCMR/HNODC)
- who supports the WP leaders of the coordination activities and encourage partners to achieve an overall coherence in the implementation of these WPs and their results.
- a Scientific Coordinator (SC INGV)
- who supports the WP leaders of the RTD activities and contributes to assessing and safeguarding the overall quality, compatibility and coherence of the services and products delivered by SeaDataNet 2.
- a Scientific Access Service Coordinator (SASC - OGS)
- who supervises the performance of the scientific access services provided by the SeaDataNet data centres and the operators of the central SeaDataNet portal services
- a Strategic Promotion Coordinator (SPC - IES-JRC)
- who makes sure that SeaDataNet is known at the strategic level of major EU initiatives, such as INSPIRE, GMES, GEOSS, WISE-Marine, MSFD, and recognised as the leading pan-European infrastructure for marine and ocean data management.
- Work-Package leaders
- who monitors and guide the progress of the WP activity by regular communication to the partners concerned.
- Regional Coordinators for products (RC)
- who leads the activity of the regional group
- the Steering Committee (StC),
- the Project Office (PO for supporting PC and StC)
- the Technical Task Group (TTG),
- the Regional Groups for products (RG),
- the Advisory Group (group of external experts),
- the Project Coordination Group (all partners and sub-contractors).