OCTOPUS is a multi-format splitter and converter tool.
It replaces the former SeaDataNet tools Med2medSDN, Change_vocab_V1toV2, MedSDN2CFPoint, OdvSDN2CFPoint, offering a unique and ergonomic software able to convert files in a given SeaDataNet format to another SeaDataNet format (e.g.: ODV to NetCDF, MedAtlas to NetCDF, MedAtlas to ODV)
Octopus has also additional functions such as:
- Split a multi-station SeaDataNet file into mono-station SeaDataNet files
- Extract station(s) from SeaDataNet files
- Check the compliance of SeaDataNet ODV and MedAtlas formats
- Convert MGD v81 and v98 to SeaDataNet ODV files
The following conversions are handled by OCTOPUS:
The Octopus software interface is bilingual (English/French) and the software is fit for use on several platforms (Windows 64 and 32 bits, Linux 32 and 64 bits).
OCTOPUS version 1.3.9
- ODV files, date formats: check ISO format validity and consistency between dates an formats (metadata column headers and date primary variable in timeseries)
- BODC terms management: detection of non existing or deprecated parameters. Automatic substitution of deprecated ones.
- Improve log messages: display the name(s) of file(s) with error when converting a directory
- Output file type: change 'keep/split' to 'Split to mono station files? yes/no' (no modification for batch mode)
- Use a new Octopus version number notation: major.minor.build number
- Bug corrections
- ODV files: Management of all ISO date formats for the primary variable of time series and not only [YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.sss]
- ODV files: empty lines or lines with only tabs do not generate error.
- ODV files: Management of UTF8 files with BOM (Byte Order Mark)
- Allow empty SDN references using SDN_REFERENCES notation (will be ignored)
See OCTOPUS presentation:
and corresponding video.