OCTOPUS is a multi-format Checker, Converter and Splitter tool.
- OCTOPUS checks the compliance of a file to the SeaDataNet ODV, netCDF and MedAtlas standard formats. The cheks for ODV and netCDF are describedin the FAQ section
- OCTOPUS converts files in a given SeaDataNet format to another SeaDataNet format (e.g.: ODV to netCDF, netCDF to ODV, MedAtlas to NetCDF, MedAtlas to ODV)
- OCTOPUS has also additional functions such as:
- Split a multi-station SeaDataNet file into mono-station SeaDataNet files
- Extract station(s) from SeaDataNet files
- Convert MGD v81 and v98 to SeaDataNet ODV files
The following conversions are handled by OCTOPUS:
The Octopus software interface is bilingual (English/French) and the software is fit for use on several platforms : Windows and Linux..
OCTOPUS version 1.4.2
- Compliance with java 9 and 10
- Check consistency between values and quality flags
- Check consider as valid timeseries ODV files with a P02 ASLV parameter instead of depth
- Homogenisation of the default value for measured parameters in NetCDF SDN (-99999)
- Allow SDN CSR references using the central catalog
- Non SDN Medatlas files are recognized but considered as invalid (can be converted)
- Conversion from Medatlas: the SDN CSR reference is automatically added from EDMO code and cruise reference, if possible
- All conversions: non-mandatory variables are not kept if they are empty (with only default values)
- Conversion to ODV: an error is raises if one of the mandatory columns has missing value(s)
- Update SDN QC flags: add 'Q' flag
- JSON log: format added in files logs
- Choose automatically the default output directory for conversion to mono-station files
- Ability to update external resources (CSR, BODC, EDMO) in batch mode
- Fix error if medatlas file has a last empty line
- NetCDF SDN: update global attribute 'title' : replace 'SeaDataNet_1.0 CF 1.6' with 'SeaDataNet_1.0 CF-1.6'
- Manage errors if the user is not connected and tries to update the external resources (CSR, BODC, EDMO)
- NetCDF SDN: fix expected variable type during check for DEPTH (any type is authorised)
- Manage error if input directory is empty
- Keep current window size when changing language in settings
- Set default log level to INFO
See OCTOPUS presentation (the presentation was done in May 2017, on OCTOPUS version 1.2):
and corresponding video.