OCTOPUS is a multi-format Checker, Converter and Splitter tool.
- OCTOPUS checks the compliance of a file to the SeaDataNet ODV, netCDF and MedAtlas standard formats. The cheks for ODV and netCDF are described in the FAQ section
- OCTOPUS converts files in a given SeaDataNet format to another SeaDataNet format (e.g.: ODV to netCDF, netCDF to ODV, MedAtlas to NetCDF, MedAtlas to ODV)
- OCTOPUS checks the ODV SDN vraiant formats for biology, microlitter and flow cytometry, it can converts them from ODV variant to ODV variant
- OCTOPUS has also additional functions such as:
- Split a multi-station SeaDataNet file into mono-station SeaDataNet files
- Extract station(s) from SeaDataNet files
- Convert MGD v81 and v98 to SeaDataNet ODV files
The following conversions are handled by OCTOPUS:
The Octopus software interface is bilingual (English/French) and the software is fit for use on several platforms : Windows and Linux..
OCTOPUS version 1.5.0
- Take into account ODV variants for biology, flow cytometry and microlitters for checks and conversions ODV to ODV
- ODV check: the primary variable must have at least one non null value
- NetCDF SDN Format: all numeric types are allowed (not only doubles)
- Conversion MedAtlas to ODV: use of default value defined in the current station header
- ODV format: Depth is no more mandatory in timeseries that contain a parameter belonging to P02 ASLV
- Conversion NetCDF to ODV : remove extra tabulation at the end of lines
- Allow COREDIST also in cm (ULCM) as primary variable
- MedAtlas check: detect an error if a value = default and the flag != 9
See OCTOPUS presentation (the presentation was done in May 2017, on OCTOPUS version 1.2):
and corresponding video.