OCTOPUS is a multi-format Checker, Converter and Splitter tool.
- OCTOPUS checks the compliance of a file to the SeaDataNet ODV, netCDF and MedAtlas standard formats. The cheks for ODV and netCDF are described in the FAQ section
- OCTOPUS converts files in a given SeaDataNet format to another SeaDataNet format (e.g.: ODV to netCDF, netCDF to ODV, MedAtlas to NetCDF, MedAtlas to ODV)
- OCTOPUS checks the ODV SDN vraiant formats for biology, microlitter and flow cytometry, it can converts them from ODV variant to ODV variant
- OCTOPUS has also additional functions such as:
- Split a multi-station SeaDataNet file into mono-station SeaDataNet files
- Extract station(s) from SeaDataNet files
- Convert MGD v81 and v98 to SeaDataNet ODV files
The following conversions are handled by OCTOPUS:
The Octopus software interface is bilingual (English/French) and the software is fit for use on several platforms : Windows and Linux..
OCTOPUS version 184.108.40.206
- NetCDF SDN Format: improve validation log messages for global attributes
- ODV biological variant: allow VOLFFMXX for Sampling Effort P01 code
- ODV format: detect an error if a mapping line does not start with // characters
- ODV format: fix bug in variant detection (case of physico-chemical file with MINWDIST and MAXWDIST)
See OCTOPUS presentation (the presentation was done in May 2017, on OCTOPUS version 1.2):
and corresponding video.