OCTOPUS is a multi-format Checker, Converter and Splitter tool.
- OCTOPUS checks the compliance of a file to the SeaDataNet ODV, netCDF and MedAtlas standard formats. The cheks for ODV and netCDF are describedin the FAQ section
- OCTOPUS converts files in a given SeaDataNet format to another SeaDataNet format (e.g.: ODV to netCDF, netCDF to ODV, MedAtlas to NetCDF, MedAtlas to ODV)
- OCTOPUS has also additional functions such as:
- Split a multi-station SeaDataNet file into mono-station SeaDataNet files
- Extract station(s) from SeaDataNet files
- Convert MGD v81 and v98 to SeaDataNet ODV files
The following conversions are handled by OCTOPUS:
The Octopus software interface is bilingual (English/French) and the software is fit for use on several platforms (Windows 64 and 32 bits, Linux 32 and 64 bits).
OCTOPUS version 1.4.1
- Be able to check and convert the ODV files generated from MGD77
- Detect the BIO-ODV format (and extensions to Cytofluometer and Microlitter data), the files are not checked, but not rejected neither (Warning to the user).
- Off line run of OCTOPUS authorised
- Conversion of MGD77 files corrected
- Correction of NetCDF to ODV conversion with empty geophysical variables
See OCTOPUS presentation (the presentation was done in May 2017, on OCTOPUS version 1.2):
and corresponding video.