As part of the SeaDataNet CDI data discovery and access services, data sets are accessible to users via download services. Data sets are then delivered in common data transport formats, which interact with other SeaDataNet standards (Vocabularies, Quality Flag Scale) and SeaDataNet analysis & presentation tools (ODV, DIVA).
Depending on their local data management configuration, data centres might be required to pre-process their in-house data files from their own formats to the SeaDataNet data formats. To support data centres for this conversion, SeaDataNet is providing NEMO software as a useful tool (written in java). NEMO enables conversion from any type of ASCII format to the SeaDataNet ODV and Medatlas ASCII formats as well as the SeaDataNet NetCDF (CF) format (for timeseries, profiles and trajectories observations) . NEMO makes use of the Common Vocabularies and EDMO directory. The latter are each time synchronised by online connections to the respective Web Services on user demand.
NEMO software (V1.6.7)
- 1.6.7: Possibility to use a BSH CSR reference in a SDN reference
- 1.6.7: Improve flags scales window in Nemo settings
- 1.6.7: New coordinates format in station folder: "decimal degrees for file
- 1.6.4: Easier management of CSV file: number of column is used to display and select parameters for input CSV files
- 1.6.4: Detect deprecated or non existing BODC terms in Cruise, Station and Data tabs (GUI and batch modes). Deprecated terms are automatically replaced if a replacement code is given by the BODC
- Bugs corrections:
- 1.6.7: Java >=9 compatibility
- 1.6.7: NEMO did not start when version service was unreachable
- 1.6.7: In Data tab, bad input flags values for CSV files
- 1.6.7: Incorrect whitespaces in ODV output files
- 1.6.7: Data columns width improvement in data tab
- 1.6.7: Allow user to go back to manual input for date and time once automatic input has been chosen
- 1.6.7: Missing ships in Cruise tab list (in case of ships having the same name)
- 1.6.6: Nemo did not start when version service was unreachable
- 1.6.6: In Data tab, bad input flags values for CSV files
- 1.6.5: On the data screen for CSV files, incorrect synchronisation of highlighting between the data table and the parameter table
- 1.6.5: In Data screen: incorrect test on P06 unit for non numeric parameters
See NEMO presentation:
and corresponding video.
Examples of input files, NEMO models and output filesconverted with NEMO :
NEMO is fit for use on Windows and Unix platforms. NEMO has been initiated and is now further developed as part of SeaDataNet by partner IFREMER