Which login should I use? Marine-Id or Extranet login?
In SeaDataNet, there are two kinds of account:
- Marine-ID account which is used to access the SeaDataNet services open to all users, such as SeaDataNet Data Portal, SeaDataNet Products Catalogue, Request Status Manager (RSM)
- Users can register online
- Users can choose their login and password when registering to Marine-ID (except for partners of SeaDataNet, SeaDataNet 2 and Geo-Seas projects*)
- Users can manage their marine-id account : change their personal information, ask for a new password
- Extranet account which is used for restricted services dedicated to SeaDataNet partners, such as Alfresco workspace and Monitoring Portal.
- Users cannot create their account online, they have to ask for an extranet account to the SeaDataNet Helpdesk
- Users cannot choose their login and password but they can change their password
- Users cannot manage their personal information
*For partners of SeaDataNet, SeaDataNet 2 and Geo-Seas projects: for the sake of simplicity, in 2016, your marine-id account has been created automatically using your Extranet connection parameters (same login, same password). It means that you have now two different accounts (one Marine-Id and one Extranet) with the same login and the same password. Note that if you change (or have changed) your Marine-Id password, the Extranet password will not be changed (or has not changed) and vice versa (so, you can have two different passwords).