The roles of the Advisory Group can be summarised as follows:
- To assist the steering committee,
- To contribute to reviews and give advice on
- Standards and protocols
- Technical solutions
- Quality of services and products
- Training and capacity building
- Dissemination and promotion
- Sustainability options.
- To ensure that the developments of SeaDataNet II keep in touch with on-going international developments and take into account user requirements.
The Advisory Group members are high level experts in marine data management :
- Margarita Conkright-Gregg, director of US NODC,
- Bob Keeley, JCOMM consultant,
- Stephen Miller, SCRIPPS, R2R project coordinator (Rolling deck to Repository),
- Hans Dahlin, Director of EUROGOOS .
The Advisory Group meets once a year at plenary meetings.