The Steering Committee (SC) can be considered as the overall scientific and financial management and coordination board of the SeaDataNet II project. All important decisions regarding scientific and technical activities, finances, priorities, remediation actions, etc. will be taken within the SC.
The tasks, responsibilities and competences of the SC can be summarised as follows:
- Coordinate all project activities and define priorities,
- Take decisions regarding scientific and technical issues, financial issues and person power planning,
- Monitor the progress of scientific and technical activities within the work-packages.
The members involved in the SC are:
- IFREMER (chair), MARIS (chair), BODC, BSH, HCMR,OGS, RIHMI, ENEA, INGV, AWI, ULG, ICES, JRC, MUMM, VLIZ
- Regional coordinators for products : SMHI, METU-IMS, IMR, IFREMER, MUMM, INGV
Depending on the work load and necessity, the SC will meet at least twice a year (once at same time as plenary meetings) and at the end of the project, in total 9 times during the project duration of 4 years.