If you have the following error message when you check the connection to your Excel file in MIKADO automatic:
[ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
It means that there is an incompatibility between the version of your Excel software (32 bit or 64 bit) and the version of the java version installed on your PC (32 bit or 64 bit).
To avoid this kind of incompatibility, the version of these 2 tools must be the same:
- If you use Excel 32 bit, you have to use Java 32-bit (and vice versa).
- If you use Excel 64 bit, you have to use Java 64-bit (and vice versa).
Note that normally, the version of your OS does not impact the version of Excel or Java that you use:
- For example, you can use Java or Excel 32 bit in Windows 7 64-bit.
To check your Excel version, refer to Microsoft Office Support webpage
To check your Java version:
- Open 'Start' menu, then 'Execute'
- On the displayed window, enter: 'cmd', then click on 'OK' button
- Enter 'java -version'
- if the result of this command contains "64 bit", it means that your java version is 64-bit. Otherwise, your java version is 32-bit.
Sometimes, you have installed both java 32 bit and java 64bit on your computer. The java -version command gives you the java version used by default by your PC, but the java environment variable may have been changed to overpass the default Path. To check and/or update your path for Java, refer to this page.